Monday, July 20, 2015

Playing pretend driving

I was at the thrift store the other day, and I picked up a few good toddler activity idea books.  I've been sifting through them and jotting notes down about things we could do.  Lily is not at all the kind of baby who can play by herself or play with a toy for a long time.  I realized recently that if I plan out our day, it will help us both manage expectations.

One of the ideas was to take a big box and make a car.  We're at the point right now where she can't wait long for me to gather materials, so instead of making it complicated, I just took a marker and drew on the box.  We both get in (my feet hanging over) and she drives.  She beeps the horn, hits the gas peddle, and puts the blinker on.  She even changes the radio to put on Taylor Swift, though she is also nice enough to let me listen to the news.

Some liquid was spilled on the dashboard, and Lily got upset last night when she saw it. 

"Oh no! It's dirty!  Look, it's dirty!"  Lily said.

"No worries, baby," Mommy said.  "It's just like in our car when mommy spills coffee all over the place."

"Is it red?" She asked.

"No, it's green.  GO! GO! GO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment